Master of Business
Aim of the Programme
The Programme will enable students to:
- Obtain a comprehensive accountancy and finance education embracing a range of contemporary developments in Accounting and Finance disciplines.
- Inculcate the best practices pertaining to the ethical issues and code of conduct of corporate concerns, corporate governance, compliance to the international and local financial reporting standards and disclosures.
- Develop focused approaches for identifying, analyzing and solving complex business problems.
- Appreciate frontier trends in the Accountancy profession.
- Explore research opportunities created by the changing global business environment.
- Enhance the reputation of the Department/Faculty as a center for business excellence.
The Objectives of Programme
- The M.Bus(Acc), M.Bus(Fin) programmes are designed to achieve the following objectives
- To extend the advanced knowledge pertaining to Accounting and Finance disciplines. To impart students with moral qualities and progressive professional knowledge required to serve organizations operating under uncertainty.
- To embrace the applications of Information and Communication Technology to learn Accounting and Finance.
- To offer an opportunity for students to obtain a blended exposure of learning through eLearning and mLearning technology
- To develop the Accounting and Finance profession by creating and stimulating a research culture.
Teaching Methods and Evaluation Criteria
- Live lectures
- Materials and support resources are online and delivered in English medium
- Recorded lectures & printable versions are available at the touch of a button
- You can use laptops, desktops, tablet computers or smartphones
- You must have an access to a reliable internet connection.
The initial intake to the programme is 80 students. Admission to the MBus Programme is based on three steps of evaluation.
- review and assessment of application and qualification
- an admission test to judge a candidate's aptitude of management studies and competence in English language, and
- an interview (group and individual) of qualified applicants to assess the candidates' analytical skills, communication skills, English proficiency, and knowledge of the business environment.
- Evaluation of Course Units Students will be evaluated through continuous assessment, written examinations, for M.Bus(Acc.)/M.Bus(Fin.) programmes and additionally the research dissertation and through the viva voce examination for M.Acc/M.Fin.
Program Type : Online & Onsite
Further important documents pertaining to the M.Bus programme can be found on
Help desk contact
Mr. G.M.M. Sujeewa
Department of Accountancy
Faculty of Commerce & Management Studies
University of Kelaniya
Tel: +94112903509 / +94718415672
Office Contacts Details