Master of Human Resource Management (MHRM)
Master of Human Resource Management offered by the Department of Human Resource Management of the University of Kelaniya has been taking fruitful initiatives in building strong international partnerships for its high quality delivery.
The Pioneer in HRM Education
The Department of Human Resource Management of the University of Kelaniya is the pioneer in providing postgraduate HRM education in the country since 2006. It started offering the Master of HRM degrees from 2010 based on the well developed expertise cohort since the department’s inception in 1995. The MHRM Kelaniya is designed to equip its learning partners with thorough academic knowledge and needed practical insights delivered by highly qualified academics and the practitioners in the relevant fields. The blend of the academia and the industry has been the successful formula of the MHRM Kelaniya, and it has added a new flavor of ‘international exposure’ to make its learning partners more competitive.
HRM Kelaniya is composed of two years stretching throughout four semesters. The first semester is dedicated to provide foundational courses such as Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Economics, Managerial Communication, Sociology and Psychology etc. From second semester to third semester, the specialized advanced knowledge in HRM is provided while the final year is dedicated to research and project works as means for application of learnt knowledge. At this stage, students have been provided with options for undertaking either research or skill based projects to enhance students’ learning choices. The first year of the program is equivalent to postgraduate diploma in HRM and those who successfully complete the second year as well can obtain the Master qualification in HRM.
Aims of the Programme / Objectives of the Program
- To provide our learning partners with specialized knowledge in HRM
- To enable HRM professionals in climbing up their career ladders while creating value for their stakeholders
- To enable non-HR professionals to obtain specialized knowledge in human partnerships for greater success in their own professions
- To uplift the field of HRM beyond corporate organizations to encompass higher levels such as regional and national levels
- To enable our society a rich society with social capital except human capital alone.
Teaching Methods and Evolution Criteria
Lectures, Discussions, Presentations, Case Studies and Tutorials
End semester examination - 60%, Assignments – 40%, One of the assignments may sometimes be replaced by a mini test or a presentation
Program Type : Onsite
Course Content: View
- Course Fee : Rs. 355,000/-
- Installment Details : LKR 355,000 (initial payment is LKR 150,000 and the balance to be paid in 3 installments)
Help desk contact
Dr. Prabhashini Wijewantha
Department of Human Resource Management
Faculty of Commerce and Management Studies
Tel: 011 2 903 603/011 305 99 09