Master of Arts in Dance(MA in Dance) - Course Details
Aim of the Programme
- To provide necessary skills and techniques in Sri Lankan dance traditions
- To allow students identify and evaluate current trends in Sri Lankan dance traditions.
- To provide students with adequate knowledge to apply modern techniques of dance and related subjects in Performing Arts within an academic framework.
- To enhance the career opportunities with excellent academic and professional background.
The Objectives of this degree programme
- To provide students with necessary skills and techniques of Sri Lankan Dance traditions.
- To provide more opportunities to identify and evaluate the Sri Lankan cultural patterns and apply the particular elements in creative work.
- To facilitate students with traditional and modern techniques and skills by means of producing/ restoring authentic dance tradition that sustains the cultural identity.
Teaching Methods and Evaluation Criteria
- End of Semester Theory/ Practical Examinations
- Continuous Assignments
The principal procedure of evaluation prescribed by the Department is the End of Semester (EoS) examinations. Additionally, following procedure is followed based on the subject;
- Continuous assessments/ Project Reports
Help desk and Coordinator contacts
Ms. Dulanga Gunarathne