To All MPhil & PhD Research Students of the Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Kelaniya
Policy for Issuing Student Accounts – Grammarly Software
The Faculty of Graduate Studies is proud to introduce “Grammarly” software to the research students free of charge.
What is Grammarly;
- Grammarly is an automated writing assistant. Grammarly assists students in improving their writing skills.
- It has an in-built plagiarism checker to prevent potential plagiarism.
Student can use Grammarly;
- while typing in words, emails, social media, or
- in a word document or wherever writing involves.
- after completing the report.
- to edit group work.
Grammarly Software Student Accounts will be issued for the MPhil and PhD candidates registered at the Faculty of Graduate Studies subject to the following conditions;
- Those who are registered under the English Medium
- The candidate should have at least presented the first progress presentation
- The candidate should have at least submitted two progress reports
- Should have paid the relevant fees for the relevant year
- Should be within the stipulated period according to the guidelines
- Should have submitted a valid email address
The user accounts will be deleted if not activated the account within one month.
Please fill the Google Form to request Grammarly accounts: https://forms.gle/NWaiukXrHZacnBVX7
Grammarly Website - https://www.grammarly.com/
Frequently asked questions - https://support.grammarly.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000018611-About-Grammarly
Tips and Tutorials - https://support.grammarly.com/hc/en-us/categories/115000018631-Tips-Tutorials
The Lectures of the Skills Development Programme will be held as usual in Online platform.
Research Students’ Colloquium - 2020 30th December 2020
As an extension to the skills development program, the Faculty of Graduate Studies has organized a research colloquium enabling research students to present their abstracts pertaining to the MPhil/PhD study.
The objective of this colloquium is to provide an exciting and professional venue for MPhil, PhD, DBA and research students to present their research work, and to promote the importance of research skills within both academic and professional forums. The colloquium provides an opportunity to present your ongoing research in a supportive environment and to receive a critical feedback. Further, this colloquium is an excellent forum for presenters to sharpen their oral presentation skills.
- Deadline of abstract submission – 2020/12/09
*Please note that the abstract submitted after 05th December 2020 will not be accepted.
Please fill the following google form if you wish to submit your abstracts;
https://forms.gle/RRb45tqdJcAPGGLR8 or visit fgs.kln.ac.lk
Guidelines for Abstract Submission:
- Less than 500 words, must be written in English or Sinhala
- Abstract in English language -should not exceed 500 words in 12pt, Times New Roman Font, single line spaced. With the exact word count, the abstract should not exceed one page.
- Abstract in Sinhala language- should not exceed 500 words in 12pt, FM Abaya Font, single line spaced. With the exact word count the abstract should not exceed one page.
- Include at least 5 keywords.
Please feel free to present research ideas, interests, and studies in relaxed atmosphere that allows you to showcase the work and learn about the work being done by students across all areas.
KGSN Lakmali on Tel : +94-11-2903952
Senior Assistant Registrar